[F21 | R8 Blacksmith] The Knight Shift (Open)

He patiently waited for the possessions for to be done. Not much time would pass as he heard a man speaking and speaking toward him no less. With that, he would clear his throat and look down at the items that were presented. With astonishment, he touched the spear and the chest plate that he ordered. They were extraordinary and beyond what his dreams were. He hadn't expected such things to appear in his first gaming experience. 

His eyes would look up toward the blacksmith and speak to him. "Gracias, senor. Thank you for your hard work and keeping us safe." He stared once more before placing and equipping them in his inventory. He felt guilty for taking such things for newcomers. He looked at it in hand now before looking up at him. With one more bow, he would exit the shop feeling satisfied. 

Spoiler

Accepted!

Spear of Strength | T1 Perfect Weapon (Polearm) | DMG III
Silver handled spear with a red glow on the tip of the spear.
Fusion ID: 229232
Source: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39172-rencesvals-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=685861

Odin's Chestpiece | T1 Perfect Armor (Heavy) | MIT III
Black chest piece with an eerie glow.
Fusion ID: 229233
Source:  https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39172-rencesvals-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=685861

Edited by Escudo de Protection
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/1/2024 at 4:48 AM, Rencesvals said:

"Then they served their purpose," Ren replied, a beaming soot-stained smile returned from across the pile of trashed gear unceremoniously dumped on his doorstep.  The man had no illusions about his trade or the state in which it might end up.  "I make tools to help people survive.  The tools themselves can and should be sacrificed, if necessary, because the people cannot - must not."  

Grabbing a nearby wrought iron ladle, beaten and battered brutally into shape, Ren scooped it into a nearby barrel and poured its contents over his own head.  Steam and sizzle followed, as if the man were working the forges of Hell itself, yet doing so gladly.

"There will be no charge.  I do this for the cause, and not reward, and have reliable backers to assist with the expenses.  Thank others by helping them the same way, when the opportunity arises."  Gathering the order script, he nodded as he read, already plotting out his plans and how best to make them meet his customer's needs.  "Give me a bit."

It didn't take long.  Within a day, a message was issued back to Hanzoku informing him that his goods were ready for pickup.

When he returns, Hanzoku is already looking a bit better than the day before - moving more easily and no longer relying on the staff as much as he was. He runs his fingers over the newly crafted gear with reverence for the smith's craftmanship. "I'll keep your words in mind. I said it before - but if you ever need anything a performer can craft, just let me know."

He stops and looks at the smith and notices the dark circles under his eyes. "I'm a bit of a hypocrite to say it, but... don't ignore your own health. You do a lot to help others, but if you drive yourself into the ground doing so, you won't be able to do the same in the future." he says with some concern, as it takes a lot in this game to look as ragged as Ren looked.

Once the hammering of steel stopped, Shay would leave her seat and head back in. The smithy was finished with the blade. The girl would inspect it carefully to its predecessor ensuring the quality. Luckily the man did not disappoint and the blade was nigh a perfect replica of the Muramasa as a side by side comparison would confirm.

”ありがとう。” The dark haired assassin will say simply and place the blades sheathe along with its sister sword on her belt. She’ll offer him a silent nod before being on her way. It was time that she got back to work.

Spoiler

Picking up Yatsufusa - Perfect T4 Katana ID#225986

Translation of ありがとう - “Thank you.”

Edited by Shay

Acanthus strode back into Rencesvals’ shop. It seemed like a lifetime ago that she’d been in here, begging for whatever the veterans would provide for her. She recalled stumbling through the process, and being gently corrected when she’d requested unique enhancements on her crafted gear. That’s not me anymore.

She cleared her throat, talking firmly with whoever was available. “It’s been some time, but I am back. I’ve made it to the fourth tier, and would like a new sword and armor to keep me moving forward. I’ve drawn up a plan and some descriptions for you—everything should be in order. Let me know if it is not.”

Item Name: Ajisai
Item Type: Hand-and-a-half sword (Straight sword)
Item Tier: 4
Item Quality: Perfect
Draft Item Description: A long cerulean blade. The pommel and hilt include subtle floral themes, evoking the remorse instilled by the sword’s name.
Requested Enhancements: PARA 2 | BLD 1

Item Name: Resilient Thistle
Item Type: Light Armor
Item Tier: 4 
Draft Item Description: This simple breastplate features delicate engravings and patterns of the eponymous wildflower, accentuated by soft hues of green and violet. It bestows the thistle’s qualities upon the wearer.
Requested Enhancements: MIT 2 | EVA 1

(6) materials send to Rencesvals.

Warmth and fulfillment filled Ren's eyes at the sight of a returning Acanthus, her skills having grown so quickly and given rise to her prominence.

"You've done well," he added, by way of compliment.  "It really doesn't seem like that long ago I was crafting some starting equipment to set you upon your journey.  Truly, it makes me feel like my efforts here in the forge amount to something, witnessing your achievements."  Taking the order slip, the white-haired smith nodded and smiled, appreciating her request.  

"This won't take too long.  You can either wait here, or try the tavern up the street.  Vengal's a decent sort, despite his rough exterior.  Don't let appearances fool you."

Rencesvals gives @Acanthus:

Ajisai | T4 Perfect Weapon (Straight Sword) | PARA II | BLD I
A long cerulean blade. The pommel and hilt include subtle floral themes, evoking the remorse instilled by the sword’s name.
Fusion ID: 231130
Source: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39172-rencesvals-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=686708

Resilient Thistle | T4 Perfect Armor (Light) | IMT II | REC I
This simple breastplate features delicate engravings and patterns of the eponymous wildflower, accentuated by soft hues of green and violet. It bestows the thistle’s qualities upon the wearer.
Fusion ID: 231131
Source: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39172-rencesvals-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=686708

Acanthus returned from Vengal’s bar after a short while after receiving a message that her crafts were available. She looked over the product approvingly. “Thank you for your persistent efforts. I would not have made it this far without you, and many of the other players here.”

She drew Ajisai from its sheathe and drew her hand along the blade. [[You cannot damage a player in a safe zone]]. She smiled sadly. Looking back to Ren, she said, “please let me know if you ever need anything to keep your trade going. The more people we prepare for the game, the sooner we can all go home.”

Items Retrieved: Ajisai and Resilient Thistle

Gust of wind came with as the white-haired wonder pushed open the door wandering inside the blacksmith. The smell of soot and metal filled his nostrils as he stared around with his oceanic blue crystal eyes. He let out a whistle out as he stared at the setting and took it all in. Step by step, he walked around looking at the wares and took in the ambiance of the game itself. It was real. Damn it was all real, he thought in his head. 

Never having experienced this in his life, he placed a finger across the glass tapping it slightly before reaching the counter. The texture of it was authentic. Was this like the real world? The smell, the sense of touch, the setting itself, and the noise all seemed foreign but yet he yearned to have it all.  No one would strip him of freedom anymore.

He outstretched his arms and looked down at the information that the form needed. He had come to the right place as he started scribbling down what he would like. He was hoping this would be achievable and free like the other newcomers had spoken of. He did have some things to trade but it was few.

Spoiler

Item Name: Force Dagger whip
Item Type: Whip
Item Tier: 1
Draft Item Description: Chained linked whip with an attached small dagger at the end. Wrist strap on the opposite end for better control. 
Requested Enhancements: DMG 3

Item Name: Coat of Endurance

Item Type: Heavy Armor
Item Tier: 1
Draft Item Description: A coat laced with chained link armor under the fabric to protect its wearer but still look a bit comfortable. 
Requested Enhancements: MIT 3

He slipped the paper on the table and waited patiently for the results. He was looking forward to going out and having a little bit of fun. 

Edited by Sphix

Crafting rolls:

R8 Blacksmith (11 crafts/day - 9 from rank +1 from extended workshop +1 from Lucrative)
Ambition Tool (+1 EXP per attempt)
Ambition Food (+1 EXP/craft) | 170115-2
Extended Workshop (+2 EXP per attempt, +1 attempt/day)
Hephaestus' Hammer (+1 CD)
Lucrative (+2 EXP/craft, Salvage on LD 6+, +1 attempt/day)
Crafter's Respite | n/a

ID 232209 | CD 7+1=8 | LD 18 | T1 Uncommon Armor (+9 EXP
ID 232210 | CD 11+1=12 | LD 10 | T1 Perfect Armor (+13 EXP
ID 232211 | CD 4+1=5 | LD 11 | T1 Uncommon Armor (+9 EXP
ID 232212 | CD 4+1=5 | LD 14 | T1 Uncommon Armor (+9 EXP
ID 232213 | CD 9+1=10 | LD 2 | T1 Rare Armor (+11 EXP
ID 232214 | CD 5+1=6 | LD 15 | T1 Uncommon Armor (+9 EXP
ID 232215 | CD 4+1=5 | LD 18 | T1 Uncommon Armor (+9 EXP
ID 232216 | CD 12+1=13 | LD 9 | T1 Perfect Armor (+13 EXP
ID 232217 | CD 4+1=5 | LD 2 | T1 Uncommon Armor (+9 EXP
ID 232218 | CD 4+1=5 | LD 3 | T1 Uncommon Armor (+9 EXP
ID 232219 | CD 7+1=8 | LD 2 | T1 Uncommon Armor (+9 EXP

ID 232220 | CD 10+1=11 | LD 2 | T1 Rare Weapon (+11 EXP
ID 232221 | CD 8+1=9 | LD 18 | T1 Rare Weapon (+11 EXP
ID 232222 | CD 8+1=9 | LD 18 | T1 Rare Weapon (+11 EXP
ID 232223 | CD 10+1=11 | LD 1 | T1 Rare Weapon (+11 EXP
ID 232224 | CD 8+1=9 | LD 18 | T1 Rare Weapon (+11 EXP
ID 232225 | CD 1+1=2 | LD 20 | Salvage (+8 EXP) - keep mat
ID 232226 | CD 4+1=5 | LD 15 | T1 Uncommon Weapon (+9 EXP
ID 232227 | CD 12+1=13 | LD 14 | T1 Perfect Weapon (+13 EXP
ID 232228 | CD 8+1=9 | LD 12 | T1 Rare Weapon (+11 EXP
ID 232229 | CD 9+1=10 | LD 6 | T1 Rare Weapon (+11 EXP
ID 232230 | CD 12+1=13 | LD 16 | T1 Perfect Weapon (+13 EXP

Total Cost: 21 materials

Edited by Rencesvals

Joking around with several other smiths with whom he was sharing the shop today, they'd agreed to do so as a means of swapping lore and techniques, but also build comraderie.  Each shared a passion for their chosen trade, had different experiences and specializations, yet were all prepared to work towards a common goal and benefit.  This was the very essence of The Knight Shift at play and filled Ren's heart with warmth, beyond that provided by the fuming furnace in the far corner.

"Here you are, my friend," he offered, pushing the requested goods across the workbench with a master's confidence, not quite fully achieved.  "I hope these will serve you well out there.  Can't say we get a lot of calls for whips, but we appreciated the opportunity.  I'd love to know how it performs in the field.  And if it needs and tweaks, just bring it back.  I'll stand by my work, though.  You shouldn't need more than standard care and maintenance."

Rencesvals gives @Sphix:

Force Dagger Whip | T1 Perfect Weapon (Whip) | DMG III
Chained linked whip with an attached small dagger at the end. Wrist strap on the opposite end for better control. 
Crafting ID: 224002
Source: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39172-rencesvals-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=687383

Coat of Endurance | T1 Perfect Armor (Heavy) | MIT III
A coat laced with chained link armor under the fabric to protect its wearer but still look a bit comfortable. 
Crafting ID: 232210
Source: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39172-rencesvals-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=687383

Edited by Rencesvals