[F22 | R7 Blacksmith] Sentinel Armaments (Open)

Posted (edited)

DATE: [8/2/24]
RANK 7 BLACKSMITH | [EXP: 716/1279] | Daily Crafting Attempts: 8 

CRAFTING BUFFS:
Ambition Tool +1 EXP per craft
Basic Workshop +2 EXP per craft

Crafting Tier 3 [Shield]s:
ID: 223882 | CD: 2 | Fail | Material Lost
ID: 223883 | CD: 12 | Success | Perfect

Crafting Tier 1 [Light Armor]s
ID: 223884 | CD: 5 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 223885 | CD: 12 | Success | Perfect
ID: 223886 | CD: 6 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 223887 | CD: 6 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 223888 | CD:  9 | Success | Rare
ID: 223889 | CD: 5 | Success | Uncommon

RESULT: +55 XP (1+8+3+8+3+3+5+3+24) | [EXP: 771/1279]
-8 materials | sent to banker

New Items:

T3 Perfect Shield
ID: [223883]

T1 Uncommon LAs
IDs: [223884] [223886] [223887] [223889]

T1 Rare LA
ID: [223888]

T1 Perfect LA
ID: [223889]

Edited by Wulfrin
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warden stared out the slit of his helmet as he stepped onto Floor 22. The sun heated his armor like a pot on a stove, and he sweltered inside. He made his way through the town of Coral, in search of a suitable blacksmith.

Sentinel Armaments was the only notable place nearby. His tall stature forced him to duck into the entrance. Despite his size, he moved quietly. It was unlikely that even the shop keeper would have heard him enter, if the doorway wasn't in their sight.

Without a word, he placed an order for a new set of equipment: a sword, a shield, and a set of heavy armor.

---

Purchasing the Tank package:

Spoiler

Vanguard’s Heavy Plate | T1 Perfect Heavy Armor
Enhancements: Mitigation 3
Desc. Top of the line plate armor capable of absorbing even the toughest of blows. The Phoenix Signet of Sentinel Armaments can be found on the pauldrons.

Vanguard’s [Weapon] | T1 Perfect [Weapon]
Enhancements: Accuracy 3
Desc. A [Weapon] designed to be perfectly balanced to ensure you hit your strikes. The Phoenix Signet of Sentinel Armaments can be found emblazoned on it.

Vanguard’s Shield | Tier 1 Perfect Shield
Enhancements: Thorns 2 Taunt
Desc. Designed to be on the front lines, its wielder will find their enemies recoiling from their own strikes and foes more drawn to attacking into their impenetrable defense.

- 500 col

Posted (edited)

DATE: [8/2/24]
RANK 7 BLACKSMITH | [EXP: 771/1279] | Daily Crafting Attempts: 8 

CRAFTING BUFFS:

Crafting T1 [Straight Sword]s
ID: 224095 | CD: 2 | LD: 7 | Fail | Materials Lost
ID: 224096 | CD: 2 | LD: 1 | Fail | Materials Lost
ID: 224097 | CD: 8| LD: 12 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 224098 | CD: 10 | LD: 15 | Success | Rare

Crafting T1 [Heavy Armor]s
ID: 224099 | CD: 8 | LD: 14 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 224100 | CD: 3 | LD: 19 | Salvage | Materials Saved
ID: 224101 | CD: 12 | LD: 11 | Success | Perfect

Crafting T1 [Shield]s
ID: 224102 | CD: 11 | LD: 3 | Success | Rare

RESULT: +52 XP (1+1+3+5+3+2+8+5+24) | [EXP: 823/1279]
-7 materials | sent to banker

New Items:

Uncommon T1 Straight Sword ID: 224097
Rare T1 Straight Sword ID: 224098

Uncommon T1 Heavy Armor ID: 224099
Perfect T1 Heavy Armor ID: 224101

Rare T1 Shield ID: 224102

Edited by Wulfrin
Posted (edited)

Wulfrin finally set down his current project for a break. As he went to leave his forge, he noticed a neatly written note with a custom order on it. He hadn't seen the player enter or leave. Must have come in while I was working. Why didn't they say anything? Wulfrin looked over the order. They must be fairly new requesting his starter kit built for tanking. Wulfrin looked back to his workstation with a sigh. He only had a few pieces ready to go, so that meant he had just gotten his ToDo list extended by a few hours.

As he put the finishing touches on the items, he pulled up his menus and sent a message out to the recipient. At least they left their handle.

To: Warden
Subject: Order Ready!

Sorry I missed you come into the shop, but your Tank Package is ready to pick up. You can come by anytime to retrieve it.

Thanks for your business,

Wulfrin
Owner of Sentinel Armaments

Ready for Pick Up

Vanguard's Heavy Plate | T1 Perfect Heavy Armor | ID: [224101] | MIT 3
Desc. Top of the line plate armor capable of absorbing even the toughest of blows. The Phoenix Signet of Sentinel Armaments can be found on the pauldrons.

Vanguard's Sword | T1 Perfect Straight Sword | ID [224106] | ACC 3
Desc. A straight sword designed to be perfectly balanced to ensure you hit your strikes. The Phoenix Signet of Sentinel Armaments can be found emblazoned on it.

Vanguard's Shield | T1 Perfect Shield | ID: [224107] | Thorns 2 | Taunt
Desc. Designed to be on the front lines, its wielder will find their enemies recoiling from their own strikes and foes more drawn to attacking into their impenetrable defense.

Edited by Wulfrin

Warden returned later that day, pleased with how quick the blacksmith worked. He eyed each piece of equipment, beginning with the blade. It was smaller than he liked, and a bit light, but it would do for now.

The shield was simple and strong. He held it up to see how much of him it would cover. Not enough. It was too small, clearly meant for someone of normal proportions. He understood. It was difficult to judge the size of a shield for someone of his stature.

The armor, however, he was happy with. It fit him well, and was not overly bulky. It protected him as required and the visibility was far better than his previous set.

"Thank you," Warden nodded, leaving Sentinel Armaments. 

---

Picking up

Vanguard's Heavy Plate | T1 Perfect Heavy Armor | ID: [224101] | MIT 3

Vanguard's Sword | T1 Perfect Straight Sword | ID [224106] | ACC 3
Desc. A straight sword designed to be perfectly balanced to ensure you hit your strikes. The Phoenix Signet of Sentinel Armaments can be found emblazoned on it.

Vanguard's Shield | T1 Perfect Shield | ID: [224107] | Thorns 2 | Taunt

• 4 weeks later...

Siren walked through the serene landscape of Floor 22. "Man this place is gorgeous. And there's a bakery nearby?! These two must make bank!" She walked into the blacksmith shop, and spoke in a singsongy voice, "Ooooooh Wulfrin! I need a big ole favor from you honey. Ciela told me you could make me a blade to start me off." She batted her eyes at him. "I'll even pay you up front for it." She handed him the order with all the details and his payment. "I know you're really skilled with blacksmithing so I wouldn't DREAM of going elsewhere." She took a seat on his bench near the counter and looked outside to the lake while she waited.

Item Name: [Crafter can choose]
Item Type: Rapier
Item Tier: 1
Item Quality: Perfect
Draft Item Description: [Crafter can choose]
Requested Enhancements: DMG III

Paid 5 Mats to Wulfrin

Edited by Siren

DATE: [9/1/24]
RANK 7 BLACKSMITH | [EXP: 823/1279] | Daily Crafting Attempts: 8 x2 using 1 Marasinonian Breakfast (Crafter's Respite)

CRAFTING BUFFS:

Crafting T4 [Heavy Armor]s
ID: 225215 | CD: 4 | LD: 9 | Salvage | Materials Lost
ID: 225216 | CD: 10 | LD: 10 | Success | Rare
ID: 225217 | CD: 2 | LD: 13 | Fail | Materials Lost
ID: 225218 | CD: 10 | LD: 3 | Success | Rare
ID: 225219| CD: 3 | LD: 10 | Salvage | Materials Lost

Crafting T4 [Katana]s
ID: 225220 | CD: 2 | LD: 6 | Fail | Materials Lost
ID: 225221 | CD: 3 | LD: 7 | Salvage | Materials Lost
ID: 225222 | CD: 9 | LD: 7 | Success | Rare
ID: 225223 | CD: 11 | LD: 13 | Success | Rare

ID: 225224 | CD: 9 | LD: 3 | Success | Rare
ID: 225225 | CD: 6 | LD: 5 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 225226 | CD: 9 | LD: 3 | Success | Rare
ID: 225227 | CD: 1 | LD: 12 | Crit Fail | Materials Lost
ID: 225228 | CD: 6 | LD: 15 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 225229 | CD: 5 | LD: 7 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 225230 | CD: 4 | LD: 11 | Salvage | Materials Saved

RESULT: +98 XP ({[6*5]=30}+{[3*3]=9}+{[4*2]=8}+{[3*1]=3}+48) | [EXP: 921/1279]
-15 materials | sent to banker

New Items:

T4 Rare Heavy Armors: [225216] [225218]

T4 Rare Katanas: [225222] [225223]

T1 Rare Heavy Armors: [225224] [225226]

T1 Uncommon Heavy Armors: [225225] [225228] [225229]

Edited by Wulfrin

"Ah yes," Wulfrin said as he set a project aside. "Ciela's a wonderful person isn't she. So what can I do for you."

Wulfrin studied the item being requested. He noticed every detail the patron had left for him. There wasn't much outside the basics of type, rarity, and enhancements, but Wulfrin always enjoyed being gifted the honor of creating and naming the item.

"I can get this done pretty quick," He said as he started to rummage through his blanks. "Just grab a seat over there and I'll get you when it's ready."

With that Wulfrin set to work forging a new rapier for the up and coming player that had graced his shop, slipping the crafting materials left for him into is inventory. After a few hours of shaping steel, Wulfrin returned to the counter with a brand new and elegant weapon.

"Here you are," Wulfrin said as he lay the weapon on the counter. "Hope it serves you well. Stop by anytime to get it serviced. Take care of your blade and it will take care of you."

@Siren Ready for Pick Up:

Duelist's Rapier | T1 Perfect Rapier | ID [221552] | DMG 3
Desc. This elegant rapier is designed for speed and precision, capable of dealing devastating strikes. The guard around the hand is an intricate weave of thin metal bands that takes the form of a phoenix. 

As she waited she hummed softly, glancing over his wares and the view. Once Wulfrin stated her sword was ready, she stood up and walked up to him. Siren gently grabbed the rapier from Wulfrin and shook his hand. "Thank you kindly. Treat my girl right, alright? I've known her since we were in diapers." She tilted her head to Wulfrin and turned on her heels and walked out of the shop. Once she was outside she practiced swinging it a few times just to get used to it. This is perfect. She put her sword away and headed back to Floor One.

Duelist's Rapier | T1 Perfect Rapier | ID [221552] | DMG 3
Desc. This elegant rapier is designed for speed and precision, capable of dealing devastating strikes. The guard around the hand is an intricate weave of thin metal bands that takes the form of a phoenix. 

The forge. A location that Yuki had not found herself in a very long time. Her armor had always been at the peak it's performance but now it was more than easy to acquire demonics and she would need them if she intended to join the next floor raid. She would step in, unequip her massive set of armor and provide the fusion piece as well before setting it down in a convenient spot for the smith present. "Good day, ser. I require a fusion of two items. These two items have unique enhancements that are imperative to be on the same piece for my build. Here's the materials necessary." She'll open the trade menu to present said Shards and Scales.

Spoiler

Item Name: Jack's Plate
Item Tier: 4
Item ID: No ID, [Acquisition Link]; [Original Obtainment Link]
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Item Enhancements: Fl. Aura II; Taunt
Description: A dark full plate armor that has hotspot nearly burning and igniting flames. Small sparks fly with each movement of the armor.

Item Name: Griffin's Plate
Item ID: 166087a
Item Enhancements: Recovery II; Frost Aura
Description: A snug set of leather armor spotted with metal plate that keeps the cold insulated, making sure the users doesn’t burn up while wearing it.

Intended Item:
Item Name:
Item ID: -
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Item Enhancements: Frost Aura; Fl. Aura II; Rec I
Description: A snug set of leather armor spotted with metal plate that keeps the cold insulated, making sure the users doesn’t burn up while wearing it.

Traded 1 Demonic Shard and 3 Gleaming Scales

After finally learning how to teleport herself up to the higher level floors. Most newbies like her would be terrified understanding that danger of meeting higher level enemies but poor little Sam had no idea how video games worked. The NerveGear wasn’t given to her to try out the game. In any case, she would arrive at the recommended smith’s forge. The heat was intense, she didn’t need eyes to notice that.

The small woman would walk in fanning off her face with her hand. Approaching the counter wracked up those nerves she had approaching Bahr in his store. When greeted she would simply say “Hello-“ then remember that she’d need the note she’d written down to relay exactly what she wanted. Raising a finger in a nervous ‘one moment please’ she opened her menu and note section, reading the item she wanted verbatim. “I- need one… Straigh- uh, Perfect Straight Sword with the DMG enhancement applied to it three times please! I would prefer if it was fitted to be wielded with two hands.”

Spoiler

Item Name: Butterfly Cross-Blade
Item Type: Straight Sword
Draft Item Description: A dazzling emerald-hued great sword who’s length could nearly match the height off its petite wielder. The hilt guard is shaped in a way to resemble the wing of a butterfly.
Requested Enhancements: DMG III

DATE: [9/13/24]
RANK 7 BLACKSMITH | [EXP: 921/1279] | Daily Crafting Attempts: 8 

CRAFTING BUFFS:

Crafting T1 [Straight Sword]s
ID: 229537 | CD: 8 | LD: 20 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 229538 | CD: 6 | LD: 13 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 229539 | CD: 8 | LD: 14 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 229540 | CD: 1 | LD: 17 | Fail | Materials Lost
ID: 229541 | CD: 3 | LD: 5 | Salvage | Materials Lost
ID: 229542 | CD: 2 | LD: 1 | Fail | Materials Lost
ID: 229543 | CD: 10 | LD: 20 | Success | Rare
ID: 229544 | CD: 8 | LD: 18 | Success | Uncommon

RESULT: +45 XP ({[5*1]=5}+{[3*4]=12}+{[2*1]=2}+{[1*2]=2}+24) | [EXP: 966/1279]
-8 materials | sent to banker

New Items:

T1 uncommon Straight Swords: [229537] [229538] [229539] [229544]
T1 Rare Straight Swords: [229543]

Edited by Wulfrin

Two orders back to back! Today was going to be a busy one. After reviewing both orders and assuring the patrons it wouldn't be long, Wulfrin set to work on their commissions. The first was simple, just a fusion of two items. After just a few moments, Wulfrin returned to his makeshift counter with the heavy armor.

"Alright Zajcica," He said presenting the item. "Got your armor ready. May it protect you in the battles to come."

The smith set back to work on the more involved process. Surprisingly he didn't have any Straight Sword blanks, and odd problem considering that was his preferred weapon. It wasn't long before his forge was roaring and metal was clanging. It was only a handful of minutes later that he approached the counter with a greatsword with an elegant butterfly motif.

"And lastly," He presented the blade. "An elegant weapon for an elegant swords woman. May its blade fell all who dare cross your path."

@Zajcica *Note 2 Gleaming Scales refunded because of misreading of fusion rules*
Borealis Plate | T4 Demonic Heavy Armor | ID: 229256
Item Enhancements: Frost Aura; Fl. Aura II; Rec I
Description: A snug set of leather armor spotted with metal plate that keeps the cold insulated, making sure the users doesn’t burn up while wearing it.

@Scarlet Firefly
Butterfly Cross-Blade | T1 Perfect Straight Sword | Fusion ID: 229545
DMG 3
Desc. A dazzling emerald-hued great sword who’s length could nearly match the height off its petite wielder. The hilt guard is shaped in a way to resemble the wing of a butterfly. The blade is marked just above the hilt guard with the phoenix signet of Sentinel Armaments, small enough to only be visible on close inspection.

Not even a day passed before she would find her way back to Wulfrin's shop. He had done well with the fusing of her two pieces of armor before and she had a couple more that she needed to get done. With the piece she'd brought last time in tow, and the freebie given to her by NIGHT's friend of a friend, Yuki would set them back down on the counter. "Back so soon, yes." The paladin will say. "The work you did in my last visit was exquisite. If you could finish this piece for me to include every aura in the game. What's a tank without their mitigation, after all."

The tank will smile at Wulfrin and procure the necessary shard and scale as well as the payment plus a tip for the man's hard work.

Spoiler

Borealis Plate | T4 Demonic Heavy Armor | ID: 229256
Item Enhancements: Frost Aura; Fl. Aura II; Rec I
Description: A snug set of leather armor spotted with metal plate that keeps the cold insulated, making sure the users doesn’t burn up while wearing it.

icicle. | [#205741] | TIER 4 HEAVY ARMOR | TAUNT, THORNS, FR.AURA
[desc.]: plate armor, lodged through by a shard of ice. the shard looks so good, it's begging to be broken.

Intended Item Fusion:

A Paladin's Journey | T4 Demonic Heavy Armor | ID: ??????
Item Enhancements: Frost Aura II; Flame Aura II
Description: A coat of armor that has weathered more battles than can be counted multiplied by ten. Despite it's vetted longevity, it is one of the sturdiest piece of armor Aincrad has ever seen while boasting powerful elemental bite-back.

Sending Wulfrin the following: 1 Demonic Shard; 1 Gleaming Scale; 20 Materials(Tip)

Wulfrin was surprised to see the paladin back so soon. He was though proud to know that his work was up to their standards to the point they were willing to come back and have the piece finished. Right away Wulfrin set to work combining his previous work with the newly provided item, throwing in the scale and shard provided to ensure all the desired enhancements stayed. After a few short moments, Wulfrin returned to the counter with the finished piece in hand.

"As requested," Wulfrin said with a smile. "One suit of armor, two very powerful maxed out auras. Hope to see you again soon! I always like having repeat customers."

Ready for pickup

A Paladin's Journey | T4 Demonic Heavy Armor | ID: 230245
Item Enhancements: Frost Aura II; Flame Aura II
Description: A coat of armor that has weathered more battles than can be counted multiplied by ten. Despite it's vetted longevity, it is one of the sturdiest piece of armor Aincrad has ever seen while boasting powerful elemental bite-back.

"Your work is as lovely as ever. Thank you." The Paladin will say, taking the item and examining it ever further. It was perfect. Everything she'd imagined since she first started designing her build. Maximum mitigation and maximum thorns damage.

She would take a moment to equip it and test her movement. The freedom of range was perfect and the plates were intricately aligned for protection. "I'll be back with more in the future. Expect me without a doubt. Your services have definitely been invaluable to me." And she will take her leave, she had more work to do if she wanted to perfect this build of hers.

Picking up ID#230245

DATE: [9/8/24]
RANK 7 BLACKSMITH | [EXP: 966/1279] | Daily Crafting Attempts: 8 x 2 Using Marisonion Breakfast (crafter's respite)

CRAFTING BUFFS:

Crafting T1 [Axe]s
ID: 230445 | CD: 7 | LD: 6 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 230446 | CD: 3 | LD: 1 | Salvage | Materials Lost
ID: 230447 | CD: 9 | LD: 1 | Success | Rare
ID: 230448 | CD: 12 | LD: 15 | Success | Perfect

Crafting T1 [Shield]s
ID: 230449 | CD: 4 | LD: 14 | Salvage | Materials Saved
ID: 230450 | CD: 8 | LD: 20 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 230451 | CD: 8 | LD: 1 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 230452 | CD: 8 | LD: 17 | Success | Uncommon
ID: 230453 | CD:  12 | LD: 4 | Success | Perfect

ID: 230454 | CD: 1 | LD: 18 | Crit Fail | Materials Lost
ID: 230455 | CD: 4 | LD: 10 | Salvage | Materials Lost
ID: 230456 | CD: 4 | LD: 19 | Salvage | Materials Saved
ID: 230457 | CD: 12 | LD: 12 | Success | Perfect

Crafting T1 [Polearm]s
ID: 230458 | CD: 11 | LD: 15 | Success | Rare
ID: 230459 | CD: 4 | LD: 13 | Salvage | Materials Saved
ID: 230460 | CD: 4 | LD: 12 | Salvage | Materials Saved

Fails: 1 | +1 Exp
Salvage: 6 | +12 Exp
Uncommon: 4 | +12 Exp
Rare: 2 | +10 Exp
Perfect: 3 | +24 Exp
Attempts: 16 | +48 Exp

RESULT: +107 XP (1+12+12+10+24+48) | [EXP: 1,073/1279]
-12 materials | sent to banker

New Items:

T1 Uncommon Axes: [230445]
T1 Rare Axes: [230447]
T1 Perfect Axes: [230448]

T1 Uncommon Shields: [230450] [230451] [230452]
T1 Perfect Shields: [230453]

T1 Perfect Heavy Armor: [230457]

T1 Rare Polearms: [230458]

Edited by Wulfrin

Scarlet was eager to watch the man work, so when she'd realized there was a second order ahead of hers she ecstatically watched from a safe distance without intruding on his work space. Watching someone pound steel had to be about as interesting as watching paint dry to anyone that wasn’t a blind young adult with very little understanding of the profession. Bright sparks would fly from the steel from the burning heat with almost every clang of steel-on-steel. Of course, she had to remember that this game was very different from real life but she didn’t have much reference for it beyond reading books or being told stories/explained the subject.

When her blade was finished she would equip it immediately and unsheathe it to realize that it was way heavier than she’d first expected but quickly got used to it. “H-Heavy!” It didn’t take long for it to start feeling natural though. “It’s lovely.” The girl would agree with a smile and a nod. “I’ve not had eyesight all my life until now. It’s my goal to see everything I can until I lose my eyesight again, so thank you for allowing me the chance to watch you work.” Firefly would thank him, return the blade to its proper place and take her leave.

Retrieving ID#229545 Butterfly Cross-Blade

His gear was gone. His stats were wiped. Whatever had happened to him after he'd touched The Crystal Heart had made it as though he had made no progress in the game at all. He had to start from square one. The gap between him and the frontlines had never been wider. To think he was ready to join them what felt like just yesterday made his head spin. How long had it been? Omen couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone. Everybody seemed to squint and shake their head at the question. Nobody said the same thing. 

Omen located a blacksmith that was doing deals for starting players. He didn't have much money to his name anymore, but thankfully that wasn't going to be as big of an issue as he thought it would be. He placed his order and nodded his thanks. 

Spoiler

Item Name: Steel Axe
Item Type: Axe
Draft Item Description: A forty-one inch steel axe with a stained wood handle. Of simple design and singular purpose. 
Requested Enhancements: DMG/DMG/DMG 

Item Name: Survival Armor 
Draft Item Description: Consists of heavy leather belt, gauntlets, and shoulder pauldron, reinforced with steel, fur, and iron rings. Worn with leather pants and boots. Doesn’t look too practical.
Requested Enhancements: MIT/MIT/MIT 

Item Name: Iron Shield 
Item Type: Shield 
Draft Item Description: A large shield for a large man, made of sturdy wood and reinforced with tempered iron. Heavy, but can be worn on the player's back for convenience.
Requested Enhancements: THORNS/THORNS/REGEN 

swords were not his forte. swinging things felt unnatural; his slender frame and lean muscle mass put him at a disadvantage against anything bigger or stronger. disadvantages weren't his thing.

his brain was his strongest weapon. anything that opened space for him to think would do wonders. spears were an obvious suggestion, but they were so bulky. shields were out of the question—only because he thought they were lame. he wasn't an archer, either. glancing around the shop, he thought of ways to maintain a gap between himself and his opponents.

he filled out an order form, his mind set. he would choose knives.

---

Item Name: Everything Strange
Item Type: Throwing Weapons
Draft Item Description: A collection of finely-crafted steel daggers. Their hilts are wrapped in black cloth and their short, sleek blades come to a fine point. 
Requested Enhancements: BLD II, PAR I