[PP-F11] Conflicting Hearts in the Hall of Countenance

The debate became more heated...mainly between Yona and Ellyria. The two would have their little exchange, in which Yona seemed to be doing well. Once the two had finished, Khavius looked to each side of the debate. "Is there anything else in regards to the subject that any of you would like to bring up?" He asked.
     Alanin would raise his hand. 
"Go on, then." Khavius stated. Alanin nodded his head in thanks. "Let’s move on to an important topic regarding relationships, if they ever go a certain direction: Children. How are they to be properly cared for if there are multiple partners?" He questioned.

Koharu raised her hand. "I'll take that question." She stated. "So, I'd say everyone can cover each other's weaknesses in terms of raising the children, or maybe they can prefer that the birth parents do most of the work in raising their children. There could be other methods that aren’t coming off the top of my head, but I’m sure the people in the relationship can come up with a solution they can agree on. Like Yona said, as any other committed relationship, it takes communication, consent, and effort for a whole lot of things." She explained.
           Krysta thought for a moment. There were some things that needed to be asked in regards to that. 
"Talking out how a household will operate is vital to any successful relationship, though I will need to ask, how do you think the children themselves will behave?" She questioned. "They are their own people, and thus they may end up preferring someone other than their birth parent to be the one to nurture them. Such an act is likely to instill jealousy within the birth parent, and thus even if the relationship managed to survive to marriage, there would be more and greater risks in the long run, should it become a family bearing children." She pointed out.
           Koharu nodded understandingly. 
"That’s a fair point, but children in general are unpredictable at times. They’re innocent and still learning. Being unable to get what they want from one parent may cause them to lean to another parent, but is it really the birth parent’s fault in that case?" She noted.

"If I may add," Shulko began. "Polygamy operates with a lot of case-by-case scenarios. Monogamy has some too, but there are plenty more with Poly. Not everything can be planned out, there’s always gonna be a monkey wrench somewhere in every relationship. It’s a risk, sure, but isn’t that what everything is, at the end of the day? He added.

All good points. While Krysta was not willing to waver at this moment, this debate was doing its job once again, an exchange and discussion of ideals, allowing others to learn more about each other and their points of view, regardless of how they differ, in a civil and respectful manner. Knowing this, Krysta began to feel at ease.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, yes, good next topic, the next generation can really test a relationship at times. Koharu and Shulko gave some good points that Yona could stand by. "See, these two get it. Krysta knew some points about the true nature within kids too, but honestly, they’re not really something you’ll be one hundred percent prepared for. My parents thought they could have the perfect kid, but they got my brother and I instead." She added with a smirk that carried utter nonchalance.

"Then you simply had terrible parents with unattainable expectations." Krysta remarked.

Yona took a sip of her coffee. "No shit, Sherlock." She remarked. "Point is, kids shouldn’t determine the fate of a relationship. It’s the people involved in the relationship itself, not the kids born from it. Granted, how a parent treats the kids can affect the kids and how they grow, as well as the relationship itself…but again, that wouldn’t be the kids’ fault. Both raising children and being in a relationship comes with responsibility, on all sides of it." She explained.

Alanin nodded, taking both sides' contributions into thought. "Having discussed that, let’s try a different question… Let’s say one of you started a Polyamourus relationship, you have two lovers. One day one of your lovers asks if they can have another lover, how do you respond?" He questioned. This was a real-world problem, at least in theory, so it was a practical one to use for the argument. At least he was taking it seriously in a good way.
         Shulko pointed his index finger upward.
"I'll take that question. As much as I’d like to be an individual beloved, it would be wrong to sacrifice a lover’s happiness for my own. I’d treat it like any other situation in such a relationship: get to know the person, gauge the situation, and talk it out with everyone involved until we reach an agreement." He answered.

"Yeah, is it really that difficult? Plenty of people prefer one or two lovers, and that’s fine. The kinds of things you’re talking about is kinda like when two relationships collide, either becoming one big relationship or unwittingly tearing one of the two apart. Hear out your heart, but listen to and consult with your brain and make the decision yourself, even if you need others’ help to do so." Yona added. "It's a joint effort involving critical thinking, communication, and most likely, compromise as well."
          Koharu waved her index finger like a metronome. "Not to mention, since Poly is varied in quite a few ways, some say that everyone involved loves everyone there, and that’s not always the case. Sometimes it is, but times like those are uncommon. Krysta and I don’t have to be in a relationship to be Poly with Vigilon, which is helpful to know because she and I both prefer men, from what I know. We can be friends to each other despite being so involved with Vigilon, and it’ll be just fine." She pointed out.

With all three players having given their effort, hopefully someone among the opposing side should be able to see the light and understand...at least, that's what Yona hoped.

Posted (edited)

Yona would add to the topic of children and parenting, and proceeded to mention a fragment of her past, how they wished for a perfect child, but ended up with two children who could not meet said expectations.

"Then you simply had terrible parents with unattainable expectations." Krysta remarked.

With a sip of her coffee, Yona continued her contribution. Once she was finished, Alanin believed it was time to shift gears within the topic once again. He proposed a question, a real-world problem that would not tolerate any careless answers. Shulko and Yona both seemed to be on the belief that communication and compromise were the best possible option, though neither one mentioned a word on how unlikely they could solve the problem...while it may have been the best possible option if attempting to avoid any damaged hearts, it would not be likely to succeed.

Koharu gave her own two col on the subject before bringing it back around to the matter at hand that sparked the debate in the first place, while still keeping it relevant to the current area of the discussion.
        Krysta nodded. 
"It is true, I am strictly Heterosexual. I appreciate that you’re trying to help me understand, Koharu. Really, I do. I just hope you can understand if I am still not convinced by the end of this debate, which is likely." She noted. Ellyria took a deep breath through her nostrils. "I do not envy a single one of you."

Koharu seemed to ignore what Ellyria just said, and would look to Krysta as she made her reply. "There's always time for us both to consider everything we heard and take time before finalizing our decisions. Regardless of what ends up happening, I’m pretty sure we can be great friends." She said with a smile. Krysta nodded her head as she smiled back. "You seem to be a good-hearted woman. Despite this difference between us, I do believe we may be able to get along." She decided.

Alanin's eyes were closed as he seemed to be in thought. "I’ll admit, I never expected the debate to get as heated as it is now…" He remarked. He then pointed to Yona and Ellyria, who were currently glaring at each other. "Primarily because of these two."

Shulko chuckled. "Don't situations like their current hateship spawn certain kinds of fan fictions?" He remarked with a smirk. Krysta deadpanned. "I do not think that is a situation that can be taken so lightly, Shulko." She noted.

Edited by Krysta

Yona was having a mild glaring contest with Ellyria. Yona now figured that there would be no way for this person to see the light, that this one was a lost cause...but alas, she'd have to argue with her anyway in order to stop her from her aggressive advances against the point of view that she, Shulko, and Koharu were defending.

Alanin would put the discussion back on track. "Anyways… plenty of Polygamous relationships have a secretly greedy, selfish or possessive individual leading them while the rest blindly follow. While Vigilon does not seem like that kind of person, based on what I’ve been told, it doesn’t change the fact that, male or female, plenty of those who are polyamourous simply want to sleep with as many as possible, as if it’s a game of dominance over human beings." He claimed.
                         Ellyria turned her gaze, as if trying to form a response. Yona snapped her fingers due to having won the glaring contest, then she took the opportunity to make a response before Ellyria could.
"That’s why it’s best to not confess to such people. If you know you’re good and that you can treat your lovers fairly, and know that a real relationship is a two-way street, then let the people you love confess to you. 'To confess is to be be conquered', a remark about the dangerous reality of possession in relationships being the apparent norm. Become the 'possessor' in order to throw the term out the window." She explained. 
         Shulko started laughing. Yona was confused by this. "What's so funny?" She asked.

"Ah ha ha... Love is not a game, Yona...it's War!" Shulko then nearly faceplanted on the deck of his stand and slammed his fist down in a fit of laughter once he'd said this remark. Koharu was also chuckling, but Yona was completely confused as to what they found funny or were referencing.

Krysta was suppressing a chuckle of her own, not that she had a clue as to what Koharu and Shulko were referencing. Alanin's expression went from a half-smile to a full smile. Ellyria was deadpanning, she was probably judging them silently, if her behavior and demeanor throughout the discussion could say anything about it. When the amusement settled down, Alanin would speak. "There is still another matter that may occur with a relationship involving multiple partners." He began.

"Clearly, it’s the difference between two aspects of the romantic field: Love vs. Infatuation. There is also the aspect of intimacy, and how someone is going to be able to experience intimate relationships with all who are involved." Ellyria claimed. Alanin gave no response, and his expression seemed to show that it was the very point he was about to make. Perhaps because it came from the same side of the discussion as him, he felt no need to intervene...even if it was Ellyria.

Krysta nodded. "With only one partner, it’s simple and worry-free. With multiple, you would be taking excessive risk, as one would need to spend time with each and every partner involved…and they would all need equal treatment, if one was to avoid jealousy by having a favorite, be it purposely or accidentally. Time is a valuable resource, and unfortunately, not everyone has enough to reasonably spare for more than one partner without over exerting themselves." She explained. Perhaps some practical scenarios would help to get her point across.
               Ellyria was tapping her free hand with her pointer once again. 
"Not to mention, wouldn’t it get pretty risky if people took certain actions of intimacy too far or too often, even if they did have the time?" She added. 

Shulko blinked. "And? Even that is a case-by-case basis. Not every relationship with multiple partners is gonna have plenty of that. Every relationship has risks, and various actions taken in relationships come with responsibilities that the people involved have to take. If they’re not willing to take responsibility for their actions, then they won’t last very long in the relationship because either there’s no actual commitment or they're throwing caution to the wind." He pointed out.
                  Ellyria nodded. 
"Indeed, they’d be getting drunk on neurochemicals…or even seek drunkenness or highs so that there’s no ‘real shame’ in a certain action too often." She added.

Um, that was not necessary...

"Objection!"

"But even monogamists have done these things. Relationship type matters little in cases like that. There are those who love because they’re actually in love, and there are those who ‘love’ and seek instant gratification after feeling an infatuation." She pointed out. While Ellyria seemed to understand what Koharu had said, it also appeared that there was something for her to point out. 

"Hold it!"

"Aren’t you currently infatuated with Vigilon?" Ellyria asked.
      Koharu nodded, but that was not all she would respond with. 
"Infatuation can blossom into love, but that’s part of why spending time with the person or even dating them can help you gauge the situation and figure out whether or not you’re actually in love with them." She noted.
           Ellyria appeared to be somewhat confused. 
"So, ‘Mess around and find out’? That’s a poor way to handle the issue." She remarked.
                     Shulko shook his head. 
"‘Mess around and find out’ is also a simplified explanation of the scientific method. Say the hypothesis is that you’re in love, so you begin dating to see whether or not it’s true. Infatuation wears off after a while, but true love doesn’t. The time when the infatuation wears off will definitely put the relationship to the test. Obviously, breakups can tug at heartstrings or hurt people emotionally, I can’t deny that…but it allows for growth, too. No pain, no gain." He explained.

There was much to take in...and much for Krysta to consider.

Yona got back into focus when the subject changed. Once again, real world scenarios...and unfortunately, it was a good point.

Ellyria and Koharu would have a little exchange on the differences between love and infatuation, and Shulko would add to that with some really good points. Yona decided to add in one of her own. "In both reality and fiction, there’s a recurring problem. The Love Triangle. Two people love the same person, and at first, it may sound simple. However, the real problem is that the relationship type involved stirs up more jealousy, hate, and infighting. Monogamy declares that only one can win, and the other must leave heartbroken." She explained.

"Objection!"

"If we’re being honest, the common love triangle is just two men being attracted to a woman, and said woman is backed into the triangle’s corner because she’s either afraid of harming either of the two’s hearts, or couldn’t be bothered to love them back." Ellyria responded.

"Just follow along for the sake of the discussion, would you?" Yona shot back.

Koharu was in thought, and she took this moment to speak up. "Well…she has a point, but so do you. Polygamy won’t solve every love triangle, especially if the potential partners are monogamous, toxic enough to let jealousy blind them, or are possessive of who they’ve fallen for. We humans are believed to be territorial beings, so it's dangerously easy to become possessive of a partner." She noted. "The fact that Poly is a valid option though, just shows that while it doesn’t always work, and while it might not be everyone’s thing, it is a valid option depending on the situation and the people in it. Like Shulko has pointed out several times already, it’s all a case-by-case basis." She explained.

Ellyria deadpanned. "Do you people really think you can just have your cake and eat it too?" She asked. Yona rolled her eyes. "Both Monogamy and Polygamy have the same risks. Just because certain risks are more likely in Polygamy doesn’t make it inherently toxic. As was stated before, it’s not the relationship types, it’s the people involved in them." She pointed out.
            Shulko nodded.
"If there’s one thing your argument states that is true, there’s definitely a lot of people out there that aren’t ready for a commitment…but what they need is therapy, not condemnation to die alone. There’s hope for them too, though I’ll admit that there are definitely some nasty manipulators, victims and abusers out there who will refuse to change for the better." He added.
   Koharu would have something to add as well. 
"People give people a bad reputation. Human judgment is often flawed, and tends to look at whole groups instead of the individuals causing the problem. That’s why the phrase 'A few bad apples spoil the whole batch' came about. It was about reputation and how a few bad or toxic people can ruin the names of everyone around them, or anyone sharing their belief in a healthier manner. Not to mention that there are people who will slander or hate something, be it a good thing or not, just because they don’t understand it." She explained.

Silence followed, and Yona chose to add one more thing. "Love. It’s a wonderful thing. I won’t deny that it’s been twisted, muddled, and corrupted by the frailty of human nature. But we who know the difference between what’s healthy and what’s toxic will be able to see the signs, and have better odds of finding love, be it with one partner or more, that actually works out. Sure, there’s a pretty good chance you’ll find the wrong one every here and there, but that’s part of why you take the time to date, it’s a way to enjoy each others’ company while you connect with one another, and gague the situation to see if it’s worth tying the knot. The results might not be what you’d expect, and most of the time, you may find things that your list of ideologies did not check or approve of, but if you love each other, cover each other's weaknesses, and admit that there’s always gonna be a flaw in someone, you just might get the partner, or partners, you’ve needed." She explained.

There didn't seem like much else to say, so Yona phrased it like a closing statement.

Yona would bring up the trope of Love Triangles into the argument. Oddly enough, a Triangle was what caused this debate in the first place. Ellyria and Koharu gave their thoughts on the subject.

"..."

Krysta chose not to speak.

The discussion continued, and the sides seemed to blend into a neutrality. The opposing side acknowledged both views of the debate, and while it was done as to counter against Ellyria once again, Krysta could not help but feel...understood.

"..."

Krysta chose not to add.

Alanin had little else to say, judging by his expression. Yona would give out a statement as if completing all her contributions to the debate. Upon this, Khavius would look to the six participants. "Would anyone else like to add another point, or give another statement?" He asked.
             Silence.
      Khavius then nodded his head. 
"Well then, the statement that Yona gave sounds like a fair place to end on. I'd say this was a rather...interesting debate. I hope that this discussion proves helpful and that it should help to settle the...personal matter that started it." He decided. "Since there is nothing else to say, I declare this debate over. Dismissed." He stated, before pounding the gavel on the deck of his stand once more.

The debate was now over, and those who had gathered in the Hall of Countenance would begin to leave the building.

The debate was now over. The spectators of the debate began to file out of the building, save for that informant who was gathering up like, sixty nine recording crystals that he'd just recorded the whole debate with. Yona took a short moment to have a last word or two with the guy. "Confident that they're gonna sell, hm?" She asked. The informant's expression was full of anticipation. "Thanks so much for helping that debate become what it was. The topic, the drama, the points... If I sold these at three thousand five hundred, I'll be making a serious chunk of bank with these!" He replied. "After all, I'm sure there'd be plenty of people who might be questioning some things...this'll give them the information they need for sure...now if I could just find those kinds of people..."

Yona then made her way back to the others. "Well, I guess that's that...So, what now? Anyone got something planned I could tag along for?" She asked.

Yona would ask if anyone had anything else planned. Krysta was unsure of what to do at the current moment, however. Shulko stretched and put his arms behind his head. "I dunno about you, but I'm feeling a bit bushed...mentally speaking, of course. If you'd like, you guys could crash at my place, The Carefree Magpie, for at least a bit. I'll offer you an order of food and drink on the house, how about it?" He suggested.

"I'll pass." Ellyria decided. She began to walk towards the exit, but she stopped suddenly, turning her head to look towards two players in particular. "Krysta...Yona. I have a feeling we will meet again, but when we do..." The look in the eye that was visible to the other five players spoke a mood of ill will. "It is I who shall emerge in victory."
                  With that, Ellyria made a flare up of her deep blue cape, and suddenly vanished, as though she'd just used a teleport crystal. From Krysta's point of view, she'd just wasted a teleport crystal for a dramatic exit. 

Koharu decided to lighten the mood with her own answer to the offer. "Well, I'm in. I'm sure we all could use a nice break after that debate." She said with a bright smile. "I suppose it would be nice to sit down to a nice meal and a conversation where we are not against one another." Alanin remarked. "I accept the offer."

Krysta was in thought for a short moment, as the debate itself was already plenty for her to process. However, that did not stop her from giving her own answer as well. "I will also take you up on that offer, thank you for your generosity."

Shulko offered to let the players have some food and drink on the house at his establishment, a place called The Carefree Magpie. Ellyria declined, and proceeded to have one of those dramatic "I'll be back" exits. "But...we don't even know who won...Was she expecting absolute dominance over the conversation or something? Pathetic, talk about a sore competitor..." Yona thought.

Koharu, Alanin, and Krysta would all proceed to accept Shulko's offer. "Then it's settled." Yona decided. "Let's end today on a high note!"
                    Granted, it hadn't been that much time since the debate started, but the mental exhaustion was real, best to have a break, hopefully strengthen bonds and potential friendships, and take it easy for the rest of the day. After the heated argument that just went down, it would definitely help to get through the rest of the day without any conflicts.

The players present may be adventurers who lived from one battle to the next, all fighting for their freedom and/or their ideals...but they were still young, so why not take it easy every now and then? After all, they won't be young forever...

With Yona's agreement, the five would make their way over to Shulko's Tavern, The Carefree Magpie.

Once inside, Shulko would bring the group over to a nice round table that could seat them all. "I'll be back with ya once I've handled the orders, for now, take a gander at what I've got available, Avi will probably be with you shortly." He explained.
       Right, he owned this establishment, so naturally he'd have to be the primary contributor to its work.
   The four players would get seated as Shulko made a beeline for the kitchen. He would stop for a short moment to speak with a pink haired NPC behind the bar, then he would enter the kitchen.

Soon, a woman with sky blue hair, who turned out to be an NPC, approached the players at the table. "Welcome to the Carefree Magpie." She greeted. "Is there anything I can get you started with?" She asked.
      Krysta would give the NPC her attention. "I would like a Green Tea, please." She answered. Alanin would raise his hand to be next. "Just some water for now, thank you." He answered. The NPC would then look to the other two, awaiting their responses.

Shulko would get the players seated and then make for the kitchen to take care of a few things. Yona took a quick look around while she waited. She spotted two NPCs that appeared to be working here. Yona smirked. It seemed that Shulko, by coincidence or on purpose, had hired a pair of pretty girls to help him out. "Heh, lucky..." She muttered.

The pretty blue haired NPC approached the table of four players, asking what they'd like to get started with. Krysta asked for a green tea and Alanin stuck with a basic water. "Amateurs." Yona thought, the smirk remaining on her face. "A nice, fruity red wine would do well, please." Yona said to the NPC waitress. The near deadpan look the NPC gave Yona ended up confusing her, maybe it was a cultural thing? She seemed to accept the order anyway, so maybe it was something else. Koharu was the last to make her choice for first order. "I'll have the Strawberry Melon blend."

With all four answers given, the NPC waitress nodded her head and made her way over to the kitchen, probably to let Shulko know.

Posted (edited)

Krysta was confused as to why Yona would choose wine at this hour. It was not considerably far into the day, it was merely after noon. What was the point of her choice?

A girl approached the table, appearing somewhat nervous.

Spoiler

Aurama.png.df7e366bb620056e122b7aedfd73e483.png

"Um, excuse me..." She began shyly. "Do you mind if I sat here with you?" She asked.
   Alanin's eyes lit up. 
"I do not mind at all. Here, let me bring you a seat." He got up immediately and picked up the nearest empty seat for her. He then looked to her as if asking where she wanted the seat. The girl slowly pointed towards the spot next to Krysta, and Alanin would acknowledge her request, though there was reluctance in his eyes, for whatever reason...
      Yona would make a remark that may have been jumping to conclusions, drawing mild shock from Alanin's expression, and causing the girl to look at the ground shyly as she blushed in mild embarrassment.

"Do you come to this place often?" Koharu asked, hoping to make some light conversation. The girl did not make eye contact. "No...This is my first time here...I heard a friend of mine works here is all..."
        After a brief moment, Shulko would leave the kitchen to rejoin the players at the table. His expression would change as he seemed to recognize the new girl. "Sweetheart, is that you?" He asked.
      The girl turned to see Shulko. She gave a mild wave and a soft smile. 
"Yes, it's me, hi..." she answered. Shulko would take his seat. "Well, I suppose some introductions are in order. This here's a friend of mine, and of Vigilon's, I don't know her username just yet but I call her Sweetheart." He said to the other players at the table. He would look to the girl and gesture with his free hand to each player he introduced. "Well first, there's Sakura, I've told you about her from time to time, nice for you two to finally meet. Then there's Princess, Red Eyes's' girlfriend, I bet you'd both get along well. There's Lancelot over there, I'd bet he gave you his attention immediately..."
                                 Alanin was not expecting to get nicknamed by Shulko, nor was this a nickname he'd expect if he even knew. He was about to raise his finger in protest, but he seemed to fail at coming up with any argument at this time.

"And then there's Yona here, don't know what to call her yet, she seems like a fun type so far." Shulko continued. "And, well, that's about everyone at the moment, there was also this other person, but she kinda left in a huff after the debate we all just had. Anyway, I bet this is a lot to take in at once, anything I can do that'll help?" He asked. The girl shook her head. "I'm fine for now, thank you..."
      Shulko looked back to the other players. "Word of advice, try not to overwhelm her, she's not super-comfortable with people she doesn't know very well, give her some time and she'll be willing to chat...I think." Shulko then looked back to the girl. "Need anything to drink right now? These guys are getting stuff on the house, but I'll go ahead and cover you too." He asked. The girl then took a few seconds to think. "I...think I'll have the Lemon Starfruit blend." She decided. Shulko nodded. "Alright then. I'll be back, Avi will bring you the drinks soon. Y'all play nice, ok?" He said before returning to the kitchen.

After half a minute of silence, the girl spoke again. "M-my username is Aurami..." She introduced. "It's...a pleasure to meet you..." 

"A pleasure to meet you too, Aurami. I am Krysta." Krysta responded. "It is nice to be able to meet more of Vigilon's friends." She added. She was surprised that so many people who Vigilon knew had ended up in this game. Was the world truly that small?

Edited by Krysta

A cute girl approached the table, asking if she could sit with them. Alanin went right to white knighting, it must have been a total oof for the guy when she wanted to sit next to Krysta instead of him. While the guy still pushed the chair in for her once she'd sat down, it didn't change the signs of disappointment hidden in his eyes.
                Yona smirked.
"Looks like the Chivalry Card didn't play out like you'd expected, huh? Nice try, but I think you just got turned down." She remarked. Alanin looked a bit shocked, while the newcomer looked to the ground while blushing, maybe over embarrassment from Yona's remark? Did she go too far with that one? Like, she totally had every intention to call Alanin out, but maybe she could have done it differently.

Koharu asked the girl if she was a regular, but the answer turned out to be that she was a first timer at this place, and that she knew someone who was working here. While the girl grabbed the drinks menu that was present on the table, Yona began to wonder if she knew either of the two pretty NPCs. Probably the pinkette over at the bar, the current vibes they both gave off suggested that they'd get along well together...
          But as fate would have it, the answer turned out to be Shulko, who'd taken a quick moment to check on everyone. He ended up spending the moment introducing everyone to the girl, who he'd given the nickname Sweetheart. The girl also happened to be a friend of Vigilon. Yona chuckled.
"Wow, looks like Vigilon must be popular with the ladies, huh? He's got so many female friends!" She commented. Alanin didn't seem to appreciate Yona's comment, but Yona didn't care.
               Shulko then began to introduce the players around the table, addressing them by the nicknames he'd given them. When Alanin's turn came around, and Shulko called him Lancelot, Yona found herself bursting into a fit of laughter, it was just too good. Yona only continued laughing when Alanin found himself unable to come up with a proper argument against this choice of nickname.
       When the laughter died down, Shulko introduced Yona. Yona nodded her head in agreement when he claimed that she seemed like a fun type. Shulko would ask if the girl needed anything, and after the answer, he would return to the kitchen after telling them to play nice and not overwhelm the girl. The girl would reveal her username as Aurami, and Krysta would make her response. Yona's username was already known to Aurami now, so for now she'd give the girl a little breathing room in the conversation.

The light blue haired waitress would return after a moment, with all the drinks requested. After placing them all down, even Aurami's, she would address the players at the table. "I'll give you all some time before I ask for your orders. I'll be back in a moment." She said before walking off to help a different table.

Yona's remark on Vigilon did not help in the current situation, especially after the debate that had gone down just before the players even came here.

The NPC would arrive with the players' drinks, even Yona's. Krysta sipped her tea, as the other players took interest in the newcomer, while trying not to overwhelm her. "It's nice to meet more of Vigilon's other friends, I hope we can get along well." Koharu noted. "Shulko may call me Sakura, but my username is Koharu." She added. Alanin chose to wait.
                 Aurami looked to Koharu.
"If you don't mind me asking...how did you come to know Vigilon?" She asked. Koharu must have had an answer for this quickly, based on how her eyes lit up. "Oh! We met back in middle school." She began. "I remember when he used to wear a ball cap, he always turned it around whenever things got serious! He probably thought it made him look cool, though I thought it was really cute!" She added with a chuckle.
            Aurami let out a soft chuckle as well. 
"He wore one during his freshman year in high school, too! I remember when he turned it around just for a confrontation, as someone had been ruining nearly everyone's reputation for their own benefit." She added. Koharu was getting a little excited. "So he's generally been the same...helping people out whenever something was wrong... Did he ever help you out of a tight spot directly?" She asked.
          Aurami hesitated. 
"He...he did, actually..." She began. "The student body had a habit of dividing, and when they divided during what they called the 'War of Pranks' in our junior year, I stepped aside as to remain neutral. I helped out April's side the year before, but taking a neutral stance then made me appear like an enemy to her loyalists...April herself didn't judge my actions, but some of her closest girl friends did...when they were about to 'teach me a lesson', Vigilon stepped in, placing himself in front of me and taking the hit. Only two of them decided to continue trying to get past him, so it became a nasty brawl...but when it was over, he came over to me and asked me if I was okay." She explained. "After I explained the situation, he offered me a place in his friend group, and assured me that I'd have nothing to worry about...while I was initially worried about Amelia, who always sided against April, she also seemed to accept me, and we were able to befriend each other...I'm not sure if April and I are still friends today, but she seemed to be very understanding." She added.
                  Koharu seemed to have a look in her eyes, as though she had complete recognition of what Aurami had been through... 
"Oh wow..." She seemed to be gathering her thoughts. "I...was saved from a similar position." She began. "My grandparents were immigrants, so I was raised with two cultures. The mixed culture I as a person ended up with, wasn't exactly appreciated by this one group of people at the time...they were students attending the school like Vigilon, Shulko and I were, and one day they decided enough was enough, they didn't want me around, they wanted me to either change to be like them, or leave to never return...when they threatened violence, Vigilon came in to stop them. I managed to get away...I was told he was able to last for a while and really did a number on them when they attacked him. He lost the fight, but chances are, he may have saved my life." She revealed. "I'd always seen him as a great person, but I think that was when I realized...that I had a huge crush on him."

Krysta sipped her tea as she listened to the two girls open up about their experiences, and how Vigilon had saved them both from threat of violence by taking their position, and defending himself when he was attacked. "So...Alex was always the heroic sort, then...helping others in their time of need, stepping in when others are committing wrongdoing..." She thought. "If only...a certain sort of people would be willing to accept him as I would..." She realized.

Yona sipped her wine as she watched the long conversation between Aurami and Koharu play out. The two basically shared their experiences in their school lives when Vigilon had helped them out of tight spots.

"Damn, he's been playing the role of hero even before this game?" Yona thought. "Huh...so dependable in a pinch, even if he doesn't win...well, guess that might be part of why the ladies always seem to count on him, he's always got their back."
                  Now if Yona could just keep the attention of people she took a certain kind of interest in...ah, but priorities first! Yona needed to get herself comfortable in her new life as an adventurer, with plenty of currency to keep her afloat! How could she invite people to her place, properly have a nice place to stay, and still have a reasonable amount of her old life's positive aspects if she didn't have the funds for all that?

Alanin appeared to be listening intently. "On the surface, he sounds like a just and compassionate man." He commented. "I suppose I should meet him the moment I get a chance."
            Yona wasn't sure what he meant by that, but as long as Alanin had good intentions with it, what could go wrong?

Posted (edited)

Alanin gave his thoughts, and it seemed that he now wished to meet Vigilon personally. Krysta was unsure of this, for she currently had no knowing of what may happen if the two were to meet.

The conversation between Koharu and Aurami continued. "So wait, you had a crush on him?" Aurami asked. Koharu nodded. "Still do." She answered. Aurami blinked, looked to Krysta and then back to Koharu. "I...don't you think that makes this situation a bit, I don't know...awkward, I guess? I mean, Shulko introduced Krysta as Vigilon's girlfriend, wouldn't that complicate things?" She pointed out. Koharu's expression did not change. "Well, yeah, kind of. We had all recently finished a debate. I still wanted in on the relationship anyway, so I wanted to see if letting us both have him was an option." She explained.
                         Aurami's eyes were widened, and her mouth was open slightly. 
"I'm not sure that's the best idea...please tell me you've let him know about this, he'll be a mess if you didn't! He hates hurting good people and their feelings!" She responded.

Krysta sipped her tea calmly. "We know." She began. "If he does not know, I will make it clear to him." She stated. Koharu now wanted to reassure them both. "I'm sure he knows by now, I did kinda unintentionally confess my feelings...and I may have also proposed the potential option of letting me in while still dating Krysta..." She revealed. "So...yeah, I think he knows."

Aurami did not appear to be entirely calm, but she did seem to be somewhat relieved to a small extent. "Oh...Vigilon must be feeling so much pressure right now..." She thought aloud. Krysta seemed to notice that Aurami may have been feeling sympathy towards Vigilon in this moment. "There's no telling what he might do...all we can hope is that he won't hurt himself trying to find the best solution for everyone else..."
                    "Aurami..." Krysta began. "He has a strong and kind heart. I am certain he can avoid damaging his own heart for our sakes."
                 Aurami took in a deep inhale, then slowly let out a long exhale.

Edited by Krysta

The topic would shift to the current situation, then silence would follow for a moment before the NPC waitress returned. "Are any of you ready?" She asked.
                     Yona nodded, as she'd taken the time to skim through the options while the conversation was going on.
"I'd like the Deepwood Boar Chops, the ones with a honey and berry glaze?" Yona requested. Koharu spoke up next. "I would like the Ramen, thank you." She requested. Once the other three players made their orders, Avani would nod her head in understanding and leave for the kitchen to notify Shulko, most likely.

Yona stretched. "Well, this was definitely better than doing nothing by myself all day. Even the debate was worth it." She remarked. "And it's nice to hang out peacefully from time to time, too."
                Koharu nodded her head in agreement. Shulko had a nice place with plenty of options...and Yona had heard this place had an extensive menu...Shulko was really going all in to make The Carefree Magpie a place for everyone, wasn't he?
                     Well, everyone's got an ambition and a reason, both in this game and outside it!

The NPC would return once the players were ready. The Cardinal's timing to have the NPC return to the table was rather impeccable. Yona and Koharu made their orders first. Krysta was uncertain at first, but she found herself confident in the choice she'd make. "I am in the mood for some roast mutton, so I will be having that, please." She requested.
                       Alanin would speak up next. "Something light, like some warm smoked salmon would do just fine for the moment." He decided. "And, put this on my tab if you will, I'd like to get some warm rolls for the table." He added.
                         Aurami took a few seconds to speak up.
"I...I would like the Spiced Pheasant, please..." She requested.
            The NPC nodded her head. 
"I see. Will that be all for now?" She asked. The players all nodded their heads. "Alright then."
      Krysta looked over to Alanin after the NPC left. "Old habits die hard, I presume?" She asked with a smile. Alanin chuckled. "They do indeed, you saw right through me." He remarked. "I believe it is only fair I do my part to ensure our time here ends on a high note." He added.

Alanin's kind gesture was a nice addition to the moment, not that Yona wouldn't see right through it, in her opinion. "Wow, this guy's still trying to get points? There's not much to say about him if he ain't persistent!" Yona thought. The guy must have thought himself as a white knight. Still, having some nice warm rolls on the side wasn't a bad idea...Maybe she should one-up this guy by putting all desserts on her tab.

"So, since we're all here, I'd like to say something, if nobody minds..." She began. "I've been hearing rumors about a set of ruins, not much is known about it other than a name said to be relevant: Vindemia. Few have tried to explore it due to there being a large monster at its entrance...but if any of you are feeling up for an expedition sometime, feel free to let me know or send me a message." She offered. "You don't have to answer now, of course...just...think about it, ok?"

It wouldn't be long before Shulko returned, with all the food that had been ordered. "What a day this is becoming, right? I wasn't expecting Lancelot to get rolls for the table, but in hindsight, I should have. Heh." He remarked.