[PP-F02] It’s not just a boulder… | <<Breaking The Unbreakable>> [Assisted]

Wulfrin stretched as he stepped off the teleport gate in the city of Urbus on floor 2. This had become his new hangout spot as of late. Between the boss rushes and his other preparations for the frontlines, Wulfrin had been using the influx of new players as additional training for himself. While most of the frontliners focused on high exp yeilds to give the newcomers a boost, Wulfrin had a more practical regimen for them. HE had done this quest multiple times at this point, so it was becoming second nature to him, even if he never seemed to make any progress. He approached his favorite bench, his familiar, a phoenix of red and gold plumage no larger than an eagle, came to perch upon the backrest as Wulfrin leaned back and drafted his announcement post on the new player notification board.

Attn: New Players

Interested in picking up the Martial Arts weapon skill? Would you like to be able to stun multiple enemies with one attack?

If you answered yes to any of the above questsions, you're in luck. Come on down to Floor 2 and meet me at the included coordinates. No weapons or experience are needed for this adventure so come as you are!

Look for the flaming bird and a man with a charcoal coat.

Welcome to Aincrad,
Wulfrin

Satisfied with his message, he posted it for all to see. If anyone decided to show up, great. If not, well he'd simply go fish at the foot of the mountain or perhaps grind some mobs.

"What do ya say Solaris," Wulfrin said as he leaned back on the bench, his long charcoal black coat seeming to dissipate into the shadow cast by the bench. "You wanna smash a rock again?" He pulled up the cowl of his coat in an attempt to block out the rising sun. I'll probably be here a while. Might as well get comfy.

Assist System Activated:

Wulfrin is [Assisting]
Level: 1
Paragon:  0
Tier: 1
Total Additional XP: +5%

Recruitment Drive x2 EXP in effect.

Wulfrin consumes:
Liquor of Light: DMG 3

Wulfrin | HP: 30/30 | EN: 25/25 | DMG: 7 | MIT:42 | ACC:5 | BH:1 | REC: 2 | BLD: 12 | LD:3

Spoiler

Name: Wulfrin
True Tier: 4
Level: 32
Paragon Level: 0
HP: 680/680
EN: 102/102

Stats:
Damage: 23
Mitigation: 78
Accuracy: 5
Battle Healing:
Loot Die: 3
Stealth Rating: -2
REC: 8
BLD: 36

Equipped Gear:
Weapon/Armor/Trinket:
- Phoenix Dusters | T3 Rare MA Weapon | Bleed 2
Armor/Trinket:
- Fallen Angel Garb | T4 Demonic LA | MIT 2 | REC 2
Shield/Armor/Trinket:
- Dioscuri | Perfect T1 Trinket | ACC 3

Combat Mastery:
- Combat Mastery: Damage R3

Combat Shift:
- TECH Shift

Familiar Skill:
- Rending Familiar

Custom Skill:
-

Skills:
- Battle Healing R2
- Charge
- Energist
- Light Armor R5
- Searching R3
- Straight Sword R5

Extra Skills:
- Concentration
- Forgotten King's Authority
- Frozen Hide
- Survival

Inactive Extra Skills:

Addons:
- Ferocity
- Precision
- Resolve
- Stamina

Mods:
- Meticulous
- Night Vision

Inactive Mods:

Battle Ready Inventory:
- Imugi's Inspiration | Mass Healing x
- Popcorn | T4 Vitality 2 x
- TP Crystals x

Housing Buffs:
- Bedroom: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat
- Bathroom: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)
- Basic Workshop: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
- Basic Kitchen: Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot. This can exceed normal Cook enhancement caps. Ex: A perfect T2 MIT food gives 35 MIT instead of 30.
- Storage Closet: +1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot
- Dining Room: Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast. A Lesser Feast contains 4 portions of the food items sacrificed. Lesser Feasts created this way cannot be used outside of the thread they are created. Limit 1 item created per thread.
- Living Room: Increases out of combatHP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
- Attic (Storage): +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests
- Fishing Pond: +2 Fishing EXP per fishing attempt
- Basement: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll

Guild Hall Buffs:

Scents of the Wild Totem:

Wedding Ring:

Crafting Profession:
- Blacksmith[771exp] R7
Gathering Profession:
- Fishing[360exp] R4

Edited by Wulfrin

Hanzoku is making his way towards the teleporter on Floor 28 when a message pings in the corner of his vision. He frowns as he manipulates the menus with one hand, the other cradling his morning mug of tea. Finding the indicator for a new message, he raises an eyebrow when he sees it isn't from one of his new friends, but from the almost completely deserted new players message board. He had just recently broken through to the second tier with a lot of hard work and the help of other players, so he wasn't sure if he quite fit as a new player... but compared to the monsters fighting on the front line, he's sure that he still counts as a wet behind the ears newbie.

Either way, the message sent looks interesting, and the promise of an AoE stun sword art was enough to draw his attention. No weapons or experience needed, huh? Well, it was definitely worth checking out. Stepping onto the Teleporter, he pushed the symbol for Floor 2, and closed his eyes as the world flashed bright and then resolved into the new floor. He looked around the teleport square and almost immediately could hone in on the correct person - mostly because of the phoenix perched proudly on the back of the bench, the light of its flames hinting that the mass of shadows under it had more to it then an empty bench. 

He made his way over and nodded politely to the phoenix before getting the black-clad man's attention. "Wulfrin, I take it? I saw you're taking newbies on a rock-smashing quest, and I'm interested in getting in on that sword art." He says, taking another drink from his tea, storing his weapon away for convenience.

- - - - -

Assist System Activated:

Hanzoku is [Assisting]
Paragon:  0
Total Additional XP: +10%

Recruitment Drive x2 EXP in effect.

Hanzoku consumes Imperial Quarter Blend (DMG 3)

Hanzoku | Lv 1 | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 6 | MIT:34 | ACC:3 | LD:5

Spoiler

Stat Line:

Hanzoku | HP: 220/220 | EN: 40/40 | DMG: 15 | MIT:34 | ACC:3 | LD:5

Equipped Items:

• wolf pendant. |  [#220941-2] | TIER 1 JEWELRY | ACC III
  • Squire's Ardor | T1 Perfect Heavy Armor | MIT III
  • laurel earcuffs. | [#221709-1] | TIER 1 JEWELRY | LD III

Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Starter Healing Potion (3/5) | Tier 1 Potion | +60 HP
  •  
  • Humble Aspirations | T1 Perfect Weapon (SS) | DMG III
  • Valorous Spite | T1 Perfect Shield | REGEN II | THORNS I
  •  

Consumed Items:

imperial quarter blend | TIERLESS PERFECT POTION | DAMAGE III

Skills:

• Straight Swords | RANK 5/5
    • Combat Mastery: DMG | RANK 2/3
  • Curved Swords | RANK 1/5
  • Heavy Armor | RANK 2/5
  • Searching | RANK 2/5

Sword Arts:

• [x12] ST-I (12 EN) | <<The Boar Rushes Down the Mountain>> | A single-target sword art.
  • [x15] ST-II (15 EN) | << Stones Falling Down the Mountain>> | A powerful single-target sword art. Only available for use when ST-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if ST-II had been used and had missed the previous turn.
  • [x20] ST-B (20 EN) | <<Black Lance's Last Strike>> | A devastating single-target sword art. Can only be used if the sword art used the previous turn is not ST-B and had rolled a natural CD9+. When performing an AoE attack, use only the first roll.
  • [x11] AOE-I (11 + [2 * targets] EN) | <<The Cyclone Rages>> | AOE | A sword art that strikes multiple targets at once.
  • [x14] AOE-II (14 + [2 * targets] EN) | << Whirlwind on the Mountain>> | AOE | A powerful sword art that strikes multiple targets at once. Only available for use when AOE-I was used and successfully struck an enemy the previous turn or if AOE-II had been used and had missed all intended targets the previous turn.
  • [x12] TECH-A (13 EN) | <<The Courtier Taps His Fan>> | STUN | A single-target sword art that stuns an enemy.
  • [x12] TECH-B (12 EN) | <<Lizard in the Thornbush>> | DELAY | A single-target sword art that, on a successful strike, applies [Delay] on the enemy. [Delay] is a debuff that reduces the enemy’s ACC by 1 for one turn.

Misc. Buffs:

Edited by Hanzoku

Having just gotten out of character creation, Kageryu steps out of the Teleportation gate in the Town of Beginnings, only to notice that the message board had a notification for new players. Curious as to what it was he opened up his menu and checked it out.

"Hmm, martial art styled sword arts? I've always been a better fighter with my bare hand that I have been with a weapon. Guess I'll go check it out."

With that, he turned around walked back into the Teleportation Gate, selected floor two, and activated the teleportation. After a brief flash of brilliant light, he appears on the second floor; and a quick glance reveals a brilliant flaming bird perched on the back of a bench over a man-shaped shadow with another man standing in front oh it. 

"Excuse me," he said as he walked over, "are you the one offering to take us through the martial arts quest?"

Assist System Activated:

Kageryu is [Assisted]

Paragon: 0

Total Additional XP: +5%

Recruitment Drive x2 EXP in effect.

Kageryu consumes:

None

Kageryu | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 1 | EVA: 1 | ACC: 1

Posted (edited)

“Yup,” Wulfrin said with a stretch, a pair of bronze knuckle dusters in the shape of a phoenix on each hand. “Name’s Wulfrin and I’ll be your tour guide on this little field trip. You’ve already met our eye in the sky, Solaris.”

Wulfrin gestured to the bird then pointed up towards the peak of one of the nearby mountains. Near where he pointed, a small training temple could be faintly seen in the morning light, only able to be spotted by the fire light produced by its lanterns.

“That’s our destination,” He said as he started passing out party invites. “Stay close and do as I say. The climb can be tricky sometimes.”

it took a bit to reach the base of the mountain. Once there though, the climb looked way more daunting than initial observations would have revealed, yet Wulfrin without skipping a beat, began to scale the mountain like he had done it many times before. This was not an inaccurate assumption either.

”Watch your footing here,” Wulfrin said part way up the rock face. “This foot hold has been know to give out from time to time. Follow where I step and grab and you’ll be fine.”

climbing posts (1/3)

Edited by Wulfrin

Hanzoku stores his empty mug in his inventory and offers the other newbie a hand to shake as Wulfrin points out their destination and takes the lead "Nice to meet you, the name's Hanzoku." he said with an easy smile.

Their path lead them to the base of the mountain, which quickly ascended into a steep slope and towering cliffs. "Well, no one ever said they'd make it easy to learn kung-fu." he said as he opened his inventory and stored his heavy plate armor, leaving him wearing the same starting clothes that Kageryu was wearing. "But this is a bit excessive. I'm just glad that the game won't simulate tearing up your hands on those stones." he said as he flexes his bare hands before following the path that Wulfrin was picking out for them.

Half-way up, he watches carefully at the spot Wulfrin was indicating and pulled himself up, muscles burning from the exertion. He had never gone rock climbing before, and it was turning out to be a full body workout, even in a virtual world.

Further up, they come to a ledge where the three can sit and rest for a few minutes, gazing out over the rolling landscape below. Hanzoku admires the vista for a long moment before hauling himself to his feet as they resume the trek upward. The route is difficult, but not impossible even for novice climbers, and the trio makes steady progress under the watchful eyes of a phoenix.

- - - - - 

Climbing posts (2/3)

Edited by Hanzoku