[PP - 01] <<Earning a Living with Siren/Duet in the making!>>

The serene kiss ended, and their lips were coated with a fresh taste of each other. Eyes locked upon the woman's eyes behind her glasses and felt the need to say something. But no words would come out just yet. The moment was still tender and still trapped in time for the two as he felt the forehead press against his. His breathing steadied a moment later adjusting to the situation and position they found themselves in. Soon, he could feel time moving again as the potential shock and sensations were applied again.

The kiss itself was just like reality. He could feel every detail and outline of her lips, the sensation of the thrill, the heat that transitioned between their touch, and the passion that he personally felt. With a single finger, he moved her chin up to guide it to look directly at him. A shortened sweet kiss pressed upon her lips this time spreading it gently to taste but only briefly. He did not want to indulge and have his instincts take over in the middle of all this. He wanted to let her know that this was a secure way of saying, you belong to me.

"W-we should get moving, mamacita. We have plenty of time to get to know each other." He offered a sweet smile to her. His eyes were closed as he was trying not to be indignant in terms of behavior and respect.

Dios mio! Aye, mama! ¿Qué estoy haciendo? He shouted mentally himself. He had taken a kiss from a woman without properly indicating his feelings. Worst yet, he did not introduce her to his familia. His madre and his abuela would be made or sick with rife if he showed up with an Americana without telling them in advance. It was too late now. He had opened his steely heart to someone and would accept the consequences of doing so.

After mentally gathering himself, he would turn around and kneel down to adjust himself. "Let me carry you, diosa. You can rest against me." He smiled softly at her. It would at least solidify this was something that they would both wish for while searching for materials for this quest. Although, he didn't find a material this time.  Yes, this quest was still active, and they were still out in the open. They could be privy to attack, and he would be her shield now. Escudo had a purpose.
reese3.jpg.69a5cf3c88df56c150aa28bc4f48b96c.jpg

Spoiler

Action: Gathering Material

ID: 229891 Roll: 2 Fail.

Edited by Escudo de Protection

Time moved slower as she was in Reese's arms. Like the world around them didn't matter. She could still feel his lips on hers, he left her wanting more. She was deep in thought, trying to calm herself when she felt him place a finger under her chin and kiss her softly once more. When he pulled away she let out a soft giggle, absolutely losing her composure. Her face was a constant shade of red at this point and she was struggling to catch her breath. That kiss was just as magical as the first, she hoped it wouldn't be the last.

She smiled at him as she heard him struggle to speak, "We should get going, mi amor." She stood up and dusted herself off. He then asked to carry her and she nodded, "If you want to. Just show me what stance I have to be in for you to pick me up." She blushed at the thought of it. She didn't know what to expect with him, but at least she was happy. "Damn, we are both getting really unlucky finding materials. At this point, we'll be here for hours. But I don't mind." She gently caressed his cheek. 

Spoiler

Material Gathering

ID: 229931| LD: 9
Fail. No Materials Found.

Spoiler

Current Gathering

Siren:
1/5
Escudo:
2/5

Edited by Siren

Her reaction was priceless and what he was expecting. it was a good way to cement this without dancing around their feelings. He hoisted her up on his back as they made their way out and about looking around. He found nothing of note that would classify as a material. They were indeed an unlucky duo.  

He made sure to have his hands nicely tucked under her ass where he would make sure that she had a good position on him as they walked. It was a good day thus far. There was no fatigue so he could keep this up for quite some time. "Mi amor, huh? Perhaps te amo, diosa. Are you already admitting this to me? Not that I mind of course. Or perhaps, I should say te amo, Angel. A beautiful sunset or a thousand stars do not compare."

He stopped and placed her down setting her upright. This area seemed to be decent as he figured they could change spots to find more materials. His eyes locked upon hers and he smiled softly and spoke. "If this is how it is when we first meet... I'd like to see how our life travels down the road... With you willing.

Spoiler

Action: Gathering Materials

ID:229932 Roll: 2 Fail

She gasped as he picked her up, she knew he was going to but for some reason it still startled her. Siren held onto him tightly, resting her head against his. After a moment she realized where his hands were and blushed, at this moment she was glad she wore shorts under her skirt. I'm so glad I thought ahead about it being a windy day.

She realized what she'd said. She immediately became flustered, "I-I." She composed herself, "I won't lie darlin, you've charmed me in ways I never thought I could be charmed again. Maybe this is love at first sight." She leaned in and whispered in his ear with that soft and sultry drawl, "I meant what I said about you being a man right out of my dreams." She'd hoped to get a reaction out of him. He was making her so flustered, so she wanted to get a little cheeky revenge.

As he set her down, she picked another flower and weaved it into the little flower crown she was making. She'd wished it was a material. This quest was becoming tedious. As Reese spoke she looked up at him, listening with intent. "I'm definitely willing, my darling Reesey." She smiled at him. As she picked a final flower and weaved it into the crown she held it up to him. "Let me put it on your head. Maybe it'll act as a good luck charm and we'll finally find some materials."

Spoiler

Material Gathering

ID: 230159| LD: 13

Spoiler

Current Gathering

Siren:
1/5
Escudo:
2/5

Edited by Siren

He felt the words echo into his ear about love at first sight. Love at first sight, huh? He thought as he felt a little heat press against his upper cheekbones. He glanced up at the sky and thought about it. His madre always said while he was getting older that seeing was believing. Perhaps this was what she meant as he had never found anything he saw and instantly believed in it. Her words gave him a moment to think about her next set. "It's a good thing I'm real, no? I admit, diosa, you seemed to step out of nowhere. A little shocked you may have fallen smitten to me as I have to you."

He gave no words to mince as he felt the flower crown she made sit on his head. He glanced around looking for materials and felt nothing was close by. This is going to be a long quest, he thought. Patience was never his strong side as he kicked a few rocks around trying to make sure he didn't just miss anything. He almost didn't hear her last words before perking up a bit. She seemed to wish to be with him which he believed was a good sign. It'd be less lonely, and he could keep her company and safe. 

"You honor me by staying near my side. I will do what I can to be your escudo." He placed his right hand over his chest and bowed to her with eyes closed. Red hair toppled over slightly adorning the shape of his face. "Thank you, Angel." It was the first time he had addressed her by her name. No nicknames or any of the sort. It was his way of showing respect to her. "Perhaps we can nurture our seedling of love to a tree." 

Spoiler

Action: Gatherin Materials

ID: 230257 Roll: 3 Fail

Not long after he set the crown on his head, she stood up. Her hand then caressed his cheek, and she let her hand travel to his chin as she held it softly. "You're very real alright, and I am so glad you are." She smirked at his next sentence. "Of course I'm smitten with you darlin, you make it really hard not to be." She then winked at him and gently bit her lip.

After he finished speaking his promise to protect her, she got up on her tip toes to give him a soft kiss on his forehead. As she leveled with his face, she spoke softly, "Just as you vow to be my escudo, I vow to protect you as well. If harm is to come to you that I can prevent, I will do everything in my power to do so." She spoke softer with a tone of longing in her voice, "And I'll seal that with a kiss." She placed her soft red lips on his gently, relishing in another kiss with him. Once more she felt the spark, the fireworks, all of it. 

Hearing him call her Angel sent a chill down her spine, Oh hell! There's no way this man can get any smoother. "I'm excited to see where this road will take us, Reese." She smiled at him and wrapped her arms around him in a warm embrace.

This time searching was fruitless once more. She was patient, but she was reaching her wits end. She'd let out an angry sigh or two just to kind of let it out. She could tell Reese was getting frustrated too, she held his hand gently in hers and hoped their luck would soon turn.

Spoiler

Material Gathering

ID: 230444 | LD: 5

Spoiler

Current Gathering

Siren:
1/5
Escudo:
2/5

Edited by Siren

Her sweet words melted like honey into his ears. Not having anyone in the world except familia promise such a thing was a newfound feeling. Even the code of thieves when he was younger did not cover such lengths. Breath caught his throat as he felt the kiss sealed on his forehead making the pact. Truly a blessed day. Good things fall upon those who are patient like the saying goes. 

"We shall be a good duo together." He spoke as if a new dawn had been seen. With that, he glanced down at the ground once more. A gleaming window appeared to identify the information of a material. Looked like a little luck of the pact had changed as he smiled collecting it. He stood up after the collection and with his hand, he slipped it into hers tenderly guiding her along.

The wind still blessing them against their skin, the duo made their way down the smooth path along the wall. With a slight movement, he drew her a little closer sealing his side with a kiss on her cheek as she graced him with one on the forehead. Sometimes, the small things mattered. Not everything had to be extravagant or overly done. "Sealed with a kiss, amor. To roads unknown and a bright future awaits." He spoke and flashed a smile. 

They would have to discuss things further down the road during this quest. 
"Do we want to celebrate our union with a dinner? We can discuss more things during that time." Man was already plotting with various things in his head. 

Spoiler

ID: 230472 Roll: 17 Success!

Reese seemed to be luckier than her at finding materials, seeing that his tally was at three and hers was at a big fat one. It frustrated her a bit but she wouldn't show it outwardly. At least not on her face. She picked up a small rock and tossed it across the field, honestly thinking it would allow her to vent her frustrations. To her dismay it didn't. 

As her hand slid into his, her frustrations lessened. His touch seeming to make the world around her just dissipate. His skin against hers sent shockwaves through her body like that feeling when your fingertips get shocked by touching metal. She wanted to never let go. She hoped he wouldn't either. "All of my promises to you will be sealed with a kiss sugar."

"Is that your way of asking me out on a date sugar? Because I accept." She smiled at him, walking hand in hand. Her fingers intertwined with his like a jigsaw puzzle, almost as if her hands were made to fit into his. Her thumb gently caressed the back of his hand. "Oh by the way Reesey, I'm glad you like your flower crown." She let out a giggle and winked at him playfully.

Spoiler

Material Gathering

ID: 230473 | LD: 9

Spoiler

Current Gathering

Siren:
1/5
Escudo:
3/5

Edited by Siren

He watched her toss the stone out into the field. It seemed she wasn't having much fun doing this quest. Then again, who would after such a tedious quest? He kissed her hand as they walked and listened to her words. She had called him out in such a way he could only grin a bit. "When opportunity knocks, you have to open the door for it." The two seemed to be lost in their own little world as he seemed to be enjoying what seemed to be her southern accent. It was not hard for him to distinguish her words.

With that, he looked down to search for materials. To his dismay, he came up with bupkis. Nothing seemed to be working in their favor at the moment, but it was still fun none the less. His eyes locked onto hers as she mentioned the crown. 
"When I was young, mi abuela would make crowns of her favorite flowers. It reminds me of home. And das a good sign." 

The sun was still going down slightly as he stared at it. The day was still young despite them being out there for a bit now. It hadn't seemed that long, but it was honestly a good time that he felt time had skipped. Reality settled back in as he spoke to her. "So, dinner and a little wine. We can sit there and let the night dance away while we talk. We can walk together back your place and depart." He, of course, was staying at the inn for beginners. 

Spoiler

Action: Gathering Material

ID: 230474 Roll: 5 Fail

When he kisses her hand, she smiles. He managed to calm her with very little intervention. Usually when she was frustrated it took time for her to calm down. Why is this situation different? She thought that maybe, just maybe, his touch was so soothing to her that he just barely touched her and she calmed down. What kind of spell does this man have me under?

The fact that they both had gotten unlucky so many times in a row was insane to her, she couldn't believe how hard it was to find materials. "Well I'm glad I can remind you of home darlin, that's mighty kind of you." She smiled at him, thinking about how their whole situation would turn out.

"You had me at wine." She laughed, "Any day that ends with wine is a good day." She played with his hand and looked up at him. "Maybe a little dancing? I haven't gone dancing in the longest time." She blushed, he wants to walk me home? Oh my god, Oh my god. She was panicking on the inside and attempted to as cool about it as she could. "Yes darlin, I'll let you walk me home. Currently I stay at the beginners inn." She wondered where he was currently residing. He couldn't have been much higher in levels than her, but she wouldn't assume as such.

Spoiler

Material Gathering

ID: 230478 | LD: 1
Critical Fail. No materials found.

Spoiler

Current Gathering

Siren:
1/5
Escudo:
3/5

Edited by Siren

The two continued to walk with their dreams of finding materials diminishing by the second. He searched but the window claimed no object and a frown adorned his face. He shook off the slight depression of this quest and hoped they could figure out how to move on from this stupor. He kept his lips pressed against the back of her hand before freeing them from their capture. He thought about the dancing. He had been taught how to dance in various ways such. He wondered if he could keep up with the woman. No doubt clouded his mind as he nodded. “We can drink and dance the night away, mi amor.”

The mention of the inn resulted in him perking up. He had been staying there too as of recent. Perhaps it was meant to be that way. They would see each other more and perhaps… he dismissed the idea. He was not a degenerate and would ignore that provocation his brain wanted to instill. “What wine do you like, diosa? Sweet?” He inquired to her. A bar or the inn would suffice to provide them with a good night. 

The question was if he was brazen enough to do so? There was no doubt in his mind at this point that he genuinely cared for this woman. Body leaned in closer as they walked hand in hand romantically. “I prefer to enjoy the outdoors when having wine. Nothing like the atmosphere and showing off a beautiful senorita like yourself.” He winked.

Spoiler

ID: 231028 Roll: 14 Fail

Freyd had watched the two players struggle, playful banter bolstering them to a point, but the weariness of a tedious quest were clearly taking their toll. Tending his antique kitsch fishing rod, complete with green mallard head grip, he found himself daydreaming nostalgic, remembering old conversations and promises made.  One in particular, always stuck out.  Sighing as he stood, the fish teasing him by darting to the surface the moment he stepped away, he approached the pair casually.  His dark travelling garb gave him the appearance of a seasoned player, though he bore no obvious signs of a weapon.  Hands, not bearing any wraps for fear that he might give them the wrong impression, were left in plain sight.

"Looks like you might be having a little trouble. I know it's none of my business, but perhaps you'll accept the following as a modest gift.  Call if me paying it forward, with the hopes that you might one day do the same for others."  Handing over the charm and playfully wrapped snacks, he simply nodded, stuffed his hands in his pockets and wandered away to find himself a new fishing spot.  They'd just feel like he was spying on them if he stuck around, and things looked like they might also be getting a little frisky.  If these two were about to get a little lucky, it seemed prudent to give them some privacy.

Freyd gives Siren the following:

Vermillion Chastity Belt | Tierless Trinket | LD III
Crafting ID 231042
No means no.  You need to earn it, before you're allowed to turn the key.
Source: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39523-a-quiet-place-nymoria-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=686637

Fortune Cookie (Snack) | Loot Die 3 | 196582a

Edited by Freyd

Siren and Reese were still struggling to find materials, though she could spend forever listening to him talk to her. She could feel her hopes and dreams of becoming a performer slowly dwindling, and she could feel the same air from her love. "I'd love to dance the night away in your arms sugar." His words seemed to perk her up a bit. She wanted to stay in the comfort of his arms forever. Another kiss blessed her hand. It was like second nature to him. He called her goddess, and seemed to worship her as such. Although she didn't mind.

A man in black garb approached the couple, "Looks like you might be having a little trouble. I know it's none of my business, but perhaps you'll accept the following as a modest gift.  Call if me paying it forward, with the hopes that you might one day do the same for others." He then handed off a trinket to Siren, and a treat to Reese. He didn't dismiss himself, just walked off. When they looked back, the shadowy man was gone. "That sure was weird."

Focusing back on her love, for just a moment, she answered him softly. "I've always loved sweet dessert wines. They remind me of home." She smiled. Her hand fit perfectly into his. Almost as if they were made for each other. "I would enjoy a night of outdoor dining and dancing. I also just love talking to you. I don't know why sugar, but you put me at ease. Like the calm after a fierce storm."

Siren hadn't yet looked at the trinket given to her by the garbed man, she figured she'd take a look at it. As she read the description and name her palm collided with her face. A chastity belt?! Was he watching the spicy kiss they shared? How did this man just fucking have that on hand!? All thoughts that raced through her mind, as the look on her face was a mixture of confusion and frustration. She wouldn't deny the buffs, but boy was that a kick in the pants.

She equipped it begrudgingly using her menus and immediately felt off. I am only wearing this stupid thing till we get this quest done. She wasn't happy to be wearing this. What kind of sick joke was he playing? Why didn't he just give her a snack like he gave to Reese? Again, all questions she wanted answers but had no answers for. "Well darlin, lets go back to searching. The sooner we get this quest done, the sooner I can drunkenly dance the night away in your arms." She then placed a soft and supple kiss on his cheek, leaving her mark on him in the form of a red lipstick stain.

Siren equips the following:

Vermillion Chastity Belt | Tierless Trinket | LD III
Crafting ID 231042
No means no.  You need to earn it, before you're allowed to turn the key.
Source: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/39523-a-quiet-place-nymoria-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=686637

New Stat Block: Siren | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 4 | MIT:18 | EVA:1 | LD:3

Spoiler

Current Gathering

Siren:
1/5
Escudo:
3/5

Edited by Siren
  • 2 weeks later...

Azure sky seemed to become slightly darker giving off an orange hue above them. A beautiful sight to behold while with someone he was escorting out finding things. Two became three as a mysterious shadowy figure emerged rather silently to them. Deep down inside, he already knew this player was one who could easily wipe the floor with just a move. When the man showed gifts rather than hostility, he was able to relax a bit looking down at the items presented. A snack was presented to him and he examined it before seeing the statistics that included to help them locate materials. He smiled slightly before looking at the man.

“Gracias, Senor. We appreciate your gift and will pay it forward once we finish our profession.” He concluded that he would be looking up to the man. Perhaps they will meet in the near future. He bowed gracefully to the man as he parted and waved goodbye. “Buenos tardes, senor.” He bid farewell. His attention turned immediately to his beloved listening to her speak about how she wanted to spend more time dining outdoors and dancing. A slight smile would be seen. “That would be a beautiful memory to bestow on me. I would be honored to partake in such one. Perhaps tonight?”

He would smile back at her and almost forgot about the snack. The fortune cookie was dispatched, and he would eat it gracefully with a hand over his mouth to show no obscenities of what he would look like eating this pastry. The pastry tasted wonderful as the flavor engulfed his tongue. To recreate something familiar from their own world was more surprising to him as he found that the food at the inn was lacking in spice but filled them. This, however, was on another level. 

It was then he looked at the item that she was about to put on. When he examined the actual item, his face turned a shade of red close to his hair color as he looked around for the man. Did he know the woman? But she showed no real interest when the man showed up. He simply looked over at her and spoke in a soft tone.”W…well, at least he had... Pure intentions?” He tried to make light of the situation. 

He was still embarrassed by the item she had equipped and cleared his throat. The man had no intention of releasing carnal pleasures to the woman unless they were both in agreement. He was still indeed a man of his word and a gentleman. When she placed a kiss upon his cheek, the shade of red had barely ceased till it came back again. The thought of how warm her lips were against his pale skin showed he had feelings for her. He turned slightly and graced his hands to hold her soft ones onto his. His lips pressed against her knuckles as he smiled slightly.

“We shall do so, and I will follow you to assist.” He gave a slight wink, gaining some composure back. “I might be finished before you, but I will continue to give you my honor to help you, senorita.” He guided her down the path slightly heading back to the gate as he didn’t wish to be caught passing a certain time. 

Escudo De Protection | HP: 20/20 | EN: 20/20 | DMG: 4 | MIT:18 | ACC:3 | Temporary Effect: LD +3 Until end of thread

Spoiler

Action: Consumed Fortune Cookie
Fortune Cookie (Snack) | Loot Die 3 | 196582a